Get ready to talk about the Virat Kohli birthday date and celebrate it! Virat Kohli, the Indian cricket superstar, has been dominating the game with his unmatched brilliance for years.
As fans eagerly await his iconic birthday celebration, we take a peek into the journey that led to his rise to greatness. Born on November 5, 1988, Virat Kohli’s inspiring story is a testament to his unwavering determination and exceptional talent.
Starting from humble beginnings, he worked tirelessly to become one of the most accomplished batsmen in the world. With a remarkable batting average and a plethora of records under his belt, Kohli’s contributions to the game are unparalleled. His exceptional leadership skills as captain of the Indian National Cricket Team have also earned him widespread praise and admiration.
Join us as we delve into the life of this cricketing legend, uncovering Virat Kohli birthday date, the pivotal moments that shaped his career, and the milestones he surpassed along the way.
From his debut century to his countless match-winning performances, there is no doubt that Virat Kohli has etched his name in the annals of cricketing history. Prepare to witness the birth and brilliance of Virat Kohli as we celebrate the iconic date of his birthday in style.
Also, you may like to read Urfi Javed’s Bold Fashion Choice Sparks Controversy
Table of Contents
Virat Kohli Birthday Date, Early life, and childhood
Virat Kohli was born on November 5, 1988, in Delhi, India to Prem and Saroj Kohli. He has an older brother and sister. His father was a criminal lawyer, while his mother was a housewife.
Kohli’s interest in cricket started at a very young age. He was only three years old when he picked up a cricket bat and started to swing it, showing his natural affinity for the sport. He received his early schooling from Vishal Bharti Public School.
His formal cricket training started when he was nine years old, at West Delhi Cricket Academy. Under the guidance of coach Raj Kumar Sharma, Kohli’s talent blossomed. His father recognized his talent and supported his training, often taking him to matches around the city.
Sadly, Kohli’s father passed away in 2006 when he was just 18. This was a pivotal moment in his life and in his cricket career. Despite the personal tragedy, Kohli decided to play against Karnataka the very next day, scoring 90 runs. This moment is often pointed out as the event that marked the beginning of Kohli’s journey to becoming one of the world’s best cricketers.
Over the years, Kohli has credited his success to his father, saying that his father’s death made him more focused and determined. He once said in an interview, “Now I feel like I’m playing for my father.”
Virat Kohli Net Worth in Rupees
As of 2021, Virat Kohli net worth in rupees was estimated to be around 688 crores in Indian rupees. However, these figures are not exact as they are constantly fluctuating due to his cricket earnings, endorsements, and other business investments.
Virat Kohli Wife
Virat Kohli is married to Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma. The couple tied the knot on December 11, 2017, in a private ceremony in Italy. They announced their pregnancy in August 2020 and welcomed their first child, a daughter named Vamika, on January 11, 2021.
Virat Kohli Beard Style
Virat Kohli, the Indian cricketer known for his aggressive playing style, is also known for his fashionable beard styles. His beard style is often referred to as a “Balbo” style, which combines a mustache and a goatee with sharp angles and sculpted lines. He often keeps it well-groomed and shaped to a point at the chin. His facial hair has become so iconic that it’s often considered a symbol of his personal style.
Celebrating Virat Kohli’s Birthday
On 5th November 2023, Virat celebrated his birthday by making a tremendous century against South Africa in the World Cup 2023 and helped his team India to make a big total.
Fans wished the star in various styles such as on social platforms, beeches, drawings with his pictures, fireworks as a celebration, cards, cakes, etc.
Crowds at the Eden Garden stadium were seen waving cards wishing Virat on his birthday during the World Cup match against South Africa.
Rise to Prominence: Virat Kohli’s Breakthrough Performances
As Virat Kohli news is circulating on social media, let’s dive a little deeper into some of his breakthrough performances. Here are a few of his breakthrough performances:
- 2008 Under-19 World Cup: Kohli led the Indian team to victory in this tournament, which was his breakthrough moment on the international stage. His leadership and batting prowess were highly praised.
- 2009 Emerging Players Tournament in Australia: Kohli finished as the leading run-scorer, which helped solidify his position in the Indian national team.
- 2011 World Cup: Kohli scored a crucial century against Bangladesh and played a key innings in the final against Sri Lanka, helping India win the World Cup after 28 years.
- 2012 CB Series against Sri Lanka: Kohli scored an unbeaten 133 to help India chase down 321 in just 36.4 overs. This knock is considered one of the greatest in ODI history.
- 2016 T20 World Cup: Kohli scored 273 runs in the tournament and was awarded the Man of the Tournament. His performances helped India reach the semi-finals.
- 2016 IPL Season: As the captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kohli had an extraordinary season, scoring a record 973 runs, which included four centuries.
- 2018 England Tour: Despite India’s loss in the test series, Kohli’s performance was exceptional. He scored 593 runs in five tests, exorcising the ghosts of his 2014 England tour where he had struggled.
There are many other breakthrough performances and all of these performances have been a stepping stone in Virat Kohli’s career, helping him evolve from a young, aggressive player to one of the greatest batsmen of his era.
Records and Achievements of Virat Kohli in International Cricket
Virat Kohli news continues – Virat Kohli, one of the most accomplished batsmen in international cricket, has a long list of records and achievements to his name. Here are a few of them:
- Fastest to 10,000 and 12,000 Runs in ODIs: He became the fastest cricketer to reach 10,000 and 12,000 runs in ODIs, breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s record.
- Most Double Centuries as Test Captain: With six double centuries, he holds the record for most double tons by a captain in Test cricket.
- Most Runs in a Decade: He scored 20,396 runs in international cricket in the 2010s, the most by any player in a decade.
- Most Centuries While Chasing: Kohli holds the record for most centuries in ODIs while chasing. He has 26 centuries to his name while chasing.
- ICC Cricketer of the Year: He won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2017 and 2018.
- Fastest to Score 8,000; 9,000; 10,000; 11,000 and 12,000 Runs in ODIs.
These are just a few of the numerous records held by Virat Kohli. He’s undoubtedly one of the greatest cricketers of his generation.
Visit Mint to learn more about how netizens shared their love with their star Kohli on his birthday.
Netizens share wishes on Virat Kohli birthday date 5th November. As a popular public figure, Virat Kohli’s birthday celebrations often attract media attention. However, the exact details of how he celebrates his birthday each year aren’t consistently made public. He has been known to spend his special day with his family and friends, and his wife, Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma. For instance, in 2020, he celebrated his 32nd birthday in Dubai with Anushka Sharma and his Royal Challengers Bangalore teammates during the Indian Premier League. The celebration was complete with cake, balloons, and lots of cheer.